Our history – our heritage
The history of Wermland Mechanics stretches back to the early 1970s. It lays the foundation for our passion and entrepreneurial spirit. It’s a bit ironic that a fully-fledged provider of sheet metal manufacturing started with a wooden box.
Now, you’re a little bit curious, right? But we’d rather tell you the story when we meet. Let us know if you can’t wait to find out how this all fits together.
- 1970 The business started up in Årjang as a mechanical workshop with a focus on precision sheet metal.
- 1979 The company was purchased by Inter Innovation, a developer and manufacturer of cash management machines.
- 1980s Deliveries of sheet metal mechanics for cash management machines.
- 1990s In 1993, the company was sold and reorganised under the name Lars Höglund AB and then become a contract manufacturer focusing on sheet metal mechanics. Investment in machinery and premises began.
- 2000s Further investment to increase automation and competitiveness. In 2008, the company was sold to the WestBaltic Group and changed its name to WestBaltic Components. TH Eurosupplier in Svanskog was acquired and became part of the group.
- 2010s High rate of investment. The company was sold in 2012 and changed its name to Wermland Mechanics.